In the event that you need to experience real jungle safari tours in Thailand then you need to look outside Phuket Island. The ideal spot and that not too far from Phuket Island, is the Khao Lak Safari-Lam Ru National Park, in Phang Nga region.
Day trip to Khao Lak Safari will provide you a unique kind of experience to see –
(1) One among the biggest tropical rain woodland in Southern Thailand on the bamboo boating along Khao Lak River
(2) To enjoy the natural attractions among Thai and foreign tourists, and
(3) Have a great time admiring the lush green rain forest with local and rare species of flora and fauna.
Khao Lak surely has numerous spots to visit, yet we’ve attempted to limit it down to only the most striking attractions and spots to find in this wonderful district of southern Thailand. Read here
- Elephant Trekking is the best trekking tour you can book in Khao Lak. The people over there will take you to the Khao Lak National Park. Once you reached there you will have an exciting elephant ride inside the jungle and an energizing bamboo boating on the river inside the park.
- Khao Sok National Park is situated around 40 kilometres northeast of Khao Lak. Covering a range of over 700 kilometres, it is known as the oldest lush green rainforest in the world. Cruising, hiking, and kayaking are the main activities one can enjoy in this unspoiled area of southern Thailand.
- The Similan Islands are found exactly 50 kilometres off the Khao Lak coast. Part of a national park since last 35 years, the Island offer its visitor a preserved natural environment made of (1) white powder sand beaches, (2) crystal-clear warm waters, and (3) primary growth forest.
- Ton Chong Fa Waterfall is a 5 level waterfall found some seven kilometres from Bang Niang. Since there is hardly infrastructure on site, it is advisable to bring snacks and drinks with you.