When looking for holiday destinations, you usually go for the conventional: places to relax and have fun, to have the opportunity to meet new cultures, with beautiful landscapes and in the ideal climate.
But the truth is that nature always surprises us and although the world is full of destinations with all kinds of environments, there are a few different ones, which could even be considered as rare, a characteristic that therefore makes them unique and wonderful, especially amazing
Now that the holidays are coming, you can turn to much less usual places that will give you incredible experiences.
You can book your hotel room with Reservations.com and save on your stay. They offer personalized travel planning and help you to find hotels to fit any budget
This list, created by Lonely Planet, with the most unusual destinations is for you:
- Mountain of the seven colors. Peru: Also called rainbow mountain or mountain of colors is located in Cusco and is relatively new.
It was discovered a couple of years ago when the thaw of the mountain allowed us to see the seven colors that it kept inside.
The colors of the mountain are formed by different minerals of which it is composed, such as clay, sand or iron, which creates a psychedelic pattern full of magic.
- Pamukkale hot springs. Turkey: These hot springs have all their appeal in the natural pools that overlook the hill, because of its white color, it gives the appearance of a frozen waterfall.
But contrary to what is believed, the warm climate that is present in this region of Turkey most of the year, makes it one of the tourist attractions of the country. It has innovative spas and even a pool in which it is said that Cleopatra bathed.
- The Chocolate Hills Philippines: This geological formation in Bohol, Philippines, has its appeal in the unusual form of hills that range from 30 to 120 meters high and contain cocoa plantations, hence the particularity of its name. Local legends say the hills are the tears of a sad giant. But according to scientists, the particular formations are coral deposits that eroded thousands of years ago.
- Salar de Uyuni. Bolivia: A lake in the area was evaporated thousands of years ago leaving more than 10 million tons of salt, which have turned the place into a real salty desert.
Although the mole of salt is very beautiful being dry, the real attraction is when it rains, because the water combined with sodium creates the effect of a giant mirror.
- Giant’s Causeway. United Kingdom: In Northern Ireland, this particular anomaly can also be found as a product of nature.
More than 40,000 basalt plates cover the area, which was formed more than 60 million years ago, when volcanic lava combined with seawater and created the particular columns that according to local legend were put by a giant, hence its Name.
- Darvaza gas crater. Turkmenistan: This is perhaps the most unusual place on earth. Also called ‘the door of hell’ is considered one of the hottest places on earth.
What makes it so particular is that the crater has been burning for more than 40 years and according to some scientists, it seems that it will not stop burning, since its temperatures exceed 1000 degrees Celsius.